How to Delete a Google Review
A negative review has the potential to drive away potential customers. Because Google reviews is such a powerful platform, it’s important to treat it as an important asset to your company. However, it is true that sometimes you need to remove a review or two. In order to do that, you’re going to need to go through a few steps first.
After ensuring that its content violates review policies, you can ask Google to review it by flagging it. To do this, you will need to:
- Sign into Google My Business.
- Choose your business location.
- Click “Reviews” from the menu.
- Flag the review in question as inappropriate by clicking on the three-dot menu and selecting that option.
After flagging the review in the Google My Business dashboard, you can also expedite the process of deleting a Google review by requesting a callback, requesting a chat, or by emailing support.
To do that, you must:
- Click Menu in your Google My Business dashboard and look for Support.
- At the pop-up prompt, under “Contact Us,” click “Need More Help.”
- Choose Customer Reviews and Photos > Manage Customer Reviews.
- Choose from any of the three contact options: request callback, request chat, or email support.
If all goes well, your negative or false reviews will be removed. Knowing how to respond to these situations is crucial to protecting your online business reputation. It’s important to manage them appropriately in order to benefit from the Google review system and build your business into a successful campaign.