How to Delete Reviews on Healthgrades
After spending so many years going through medical training and expanding your education, it can be difficult to see a negative review appear on your Healthgrades profile.
If you have received a negative review, you may want to delete it to better preserve your reputation. Though you cannot click a “delete” button and be done with the review forever, you have a few options.
How You Can Delete Reviews on Healthgrades
- Flag the Review
- Contact the Reviewer
Let’s talk about both of these options in-depth:
1. Flag the Review
The first option that you have when it comes to deleting a Healthgrades review is to flag it.
To do this, log into your profile and access your reviews. Once you’re logged in, find the review that you’d like to remove and click the “…” icon at the top corner of the individual review. From there, select “Flag Review”
Once you submit this request, a member of the Healthgrades team will take a look at the review to determine if it has broken their content guidelines.
These rules include removing content that:
- Hateful or vulgar language
- Comments not related to the health experience or quality of care received
- Illegal, controversial or objectionable activities
- Content that discriminates against, ridicules or disparages an individual or group on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or any other status that the Healthgrades editorial team deems inappropriate
- Marketing material that directly advertises a service or a product
Personal information including but not limited to phone number, address, and email address
- Personal website links or mentions
- Mentions or endorsements of specific brands including pharmaceuticals
- Content that mentions another patient or potential patient by full name
- Pictures that you do not have the rights to use or distribute; or inappropriate pictures or videos
- Content that is deemed unproductive, off-topic or inappropriate by Healthgrades in its sole discretion
- Content that is deemed obscene or graphic by Healthgrades in its sole discretion
2. Contact the Reviewer
The other option that you have to remove a review is to actually contact the reviewer. While this method is not fool-proof, you could respond to their review publicly and open up a discussion.
We recommend responding tactfully and inviting them to contact you privately. If they take you up on this offer, you can talk about their experience with them at length. At the end of your call, you will hopefully have reached a resolution with your patient.
Chances are, if they left your discussion happily, they may be open to updating their negative review to a positive one. This will eliminate the need for you to delete the review completely! Better yet, you will have one more happy, returning patient in the end.
While there is no easy way to remove Healthgrades reviews, you can always do what you can to have the Healthgrades team remove the review. Similarly, working directly with the reviewer can help them feel better about their experience and update their review in the future.