Front End Software Engineer Overview
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help lead the continual development of the tool set based on customer demand and overall product roadmap. You will be responsible for translating product vision and UI/UX wireframes into a functioning application – everything from designing the overall architecture of the web application to evolving it over time to ensure maximum performance and stability.
RepCheckup is an online review management software that allows users to solicit positive reviews via email and text messaging, while also allowing them to monitor their ratings and reviews on 20 different websites.
We uses modern web development tools to provide a stable, secure, and useful service for our customers. Some of the technologies we employ on our stack includes Django, React, and AWS.
We value the ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies. We’re especially fond of engineers who:
- Are hackers who can balance time, feature work, and quality, and knows when to test or “just ship it”.
- Can take ownership of their tasks and achieve project goals.
- Have the attention to detail to ensure every customer receives the best experience we can provide.
- To be an everyday example of a rare professional, a Results Oriented, Accountable, Resourceful and Enthusiastic professional.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software engineering practices.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Design of the overall architecture of the service.
- Optimize the application for performance and scalability.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Consider security and data protection in the projects you work on
These are some examples of what you can be working on:
- Translate UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling the application
Skills and Qualifications
- Creative problem solving skills, for both technical and non-technical problems.
- Proficient knowledge of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Proficient knowledge of relational databases, object oriented programming and web development.
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator is a plus.
- Ability to implement automated unit tests and provide adequate manual testing for quality assurance.